Last Updated on
When the cold winter months approach it’s time to start thinking about putting those short sleeve golf T-Shirts away and start wearing thicker and warmer golf clothing.
But what should you look out for when buying a new Winter Golf Jacket?
For me, the obvious things to look out for are warmth, movability, style, and price. Let’s face it, golf isn’t a cheap game and buying a new Winter Golf Jacket can set you back anywhere from £69.99 to over £500.
The best winter golf jacket is one that will keep you warm but not hinder your swing. Also, it will need to be breathable just in case the sun does make an appearance and you warm up for a while. The last thing you need to do is start sweating for a while and then it goes cold again and you’re all damp and feeling horrible.
The best winter golf jackets and other clothing items are the ones that keep your body temperature constant. Warm enough to have a loose golf swing and not too warm that you feel uncomfortable for the whole 18 holes.
The best winter golf jackets in our opinion are:
- Island Green Women’s Full Zip Warm Layer
- Callaway Golf 2015 Mens Softshell Wind Jacket
- Island Green Men’s Zip Through Waterproof Jacket
- Benross Mens Hydro Pro Waterproof Quater Zip Jacket
- Stuburt 2016 Vapour Hybrid Golf Jacket
- Mizuno Men’s Breath Thermo Full Zip Gilet
- Callaway Golf 2017 Mens Fibre Filled Puffer Fleece Jacket
- Sunderland Of Scotland Mens Vermont Padded Jacket
- Under Armour-ArmourStorm Waterproof Golf Jacket
- Footjoy Men’s Hydrolite JKT Golf Jacket
Most designers and golf manufacturers these days have a wonderful range of winter golf clothing and many new manufacturers have started to make golf clothing over the past few years which has only been good for the consumer. We now have a bigger range to choose from and manufacturers like Under Armour have brought their clothing manufacturing technology and techniques to the table.
With new materials now being used like Gore-tex we now have better materials and better designs to help us enjoy golf even through the coldest winter months. Unless you’re a summer golfer only and that’s understandable if you live in very cold countries like the UK where 5 Months of the year are very cold indeed.
What makes a good winter golf jacket?
Answer: Breathable material, great design, price and flexibility through your swing.
There is a winter golf jacket for all price points and in this review of the Top 10 Winter Golf Jackets we have tried to include all price points to make them affordable to all players and considered all factors. This is our personal opinion and you may also have your own thoughts on the best winter golf jacket. We have added jackets from all online retailers like Amazon, American Golf etc as these companies offer great deals and fast delivery. So no trecking through the busy town shops or shopping malls to find the best winter golf jackets.
For someone just starting to play golf, these jackets would make a great purchase and will help you continue to improve your golf through the winter months.
This review and Top 10 Winter Golf jackets is in no particular order we have just arranged them in order of price to make it easier for you.
Top 10 Winter Golf Jackets
Island Green Women's Full Zip Warm Layer, Black/Duck Egg Blue, Size 12
- Ladies Full Zip Warm Layer, Branded zip puller. Designed in Manchester. 2 Zip Pockets. Raglan Sleeve. Rib hem and cuffs. Designed in Manchester.
Callaway Golf 2015 Mens Softshell Wind Jacket CGKF50E7 - Palace Blue - S
- OPTI-REPEL: Callaway Opti-Repel garments resist wind and water creating a barrier of protection against inclement weather
- Reflective Callaway logon on wearer's right sleeve
- OPTI-THERM: Callaway Opti-Therm fabrics are designed to withstand the cold and provide a layer of thermal comfort
- 100% polyester
- Clear gel Chevron on centre back
- Full zip, fully lined waterproof jacket with waterproof zips. Taped seams, Velcro adjustable cuffs and inner stretch cuffs. Adjustable bungee cord and toggle to hem. Designed in Manchester.
Benross Mens Hydro Pro Waterproof Quater Zip Jacket (White/Grey) (Small)
out of stock
- Waterproof & Breathable.
- Taped Seams.
- Adjustable side straps.
- Adjustable waist tag.
- Elasticated internal cuff.
Stuburt 2016 Vapour Hybrid Full Zip Thermal Mens Waterproof Golf Jacket Storm XL
- 100% Polyester with wadding fill DRI-back waterproof membrane system
- High level breathable material Windproof and thermal insulation properties
- Adjustable hem cord and Velcro cuffs for comfort
- Concealed waist zip pockets and chest pocket
- Stretch fabric panels in the upper body and arms
Mizuno Men's Breath Thermo Full Zip Gilet, Black, Large
- Breath Thermos Full Zip Gilet. A Padded Gilet with warming breath Thermos and Techfil yarnl which generates heat.
- Warming Layer with stretch to keep your core warm and arms free to swing.
- Functional Gilet with Technical warming feature.
Callaway Golf 2017 Mens Fibre Filled Puffer Fleece Jacket - Peacoat - XL
out of stock
- Opti-Therm: Callaway Opti-Therm fabrics are designed to withstand the cold and provide a layer of thermal comfort
- Reflective Heat seal Tour Logo on the wearer's right sleeve
- Opti-Stretch - Callaway Opti-Stretch fabrics feature interwoven layers of spandex to ensure maximum range of motion so the garment moves with the swing
- 100% Nylon
- Chev on the centre back neck
Sunderland Of Scotland Mens Vermont Padded Jacket - Gunmetal/Silver - L
- Performance stretch fleece backed side panels and raglan sleeves for freedom of movement Ultra-lightweight, shower and windproof
- Ripstop fabric padded quilted front, back and collar for heat insulation and wind resistance
- Low profile YKK zip with Sunderland branded rubber storm lockdown puller with chin guard; zipped chest and side pockets
- Shaped shoulder panels; stretch binding around hem and cuffs
- 100% nylon padded quilt, 82% polyester, 18% elastane side panels
Under Armour 2014 Mens ArmourStorm Cocona Full Zip Waterproof Golf Jacket Black black/blue Size:L (LG)
- Side pockets with zip.With moisture distribution.4-way stretch fabric.Anti-odour.Thumb hole.Hydrostatic head:25,000 mm/30,000 g.
Footjoy Men's Hydrolite JKT Golf Jacket, Black/Blue, Large
out of stock
|Color||Black / Blue|
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 0739248562468|
|Item Dimensions||Weight: 220|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 591; Length: 1575; Weight: 441; Width: 787|
|Product Type Name||SPORTING_GOODS|
|Title||Footjoy Men's Hydrolite JKT Golf Jacket, Black/Blue, Large|
|UPC List||UPC List Element: 739248562468|
If you’re a golf beginner then it’s important to continue to practice and play golf throughout the winter months. You need to be able to experience all types of ground conditions and understand the effects of cold winter days on the rollout and flight of the golf ball.
Playing golf in winter and then going into the warmer summer months will really help your distance and ball control. You’ll find it much easier to play in summer having ground it out throughout the winter months. It will also good you an appreciation for summer golf on lovely bright warm days.
However, you simply won’t go out in winter to play golf if you’re cold, wet and miserable. You need the right winter golf gear not only to still enjoy golf through winter but also for your health.
For more winter golf gear read our article called ‘ BEST WINTER GOLF GEAR‘
We hope you like the winter golf jackets we found and let us know if you’re a winter golf player. If you are, you have our respect.
Don’t forget to change your golf shoes to winter golf boots, warm feet are vital for a good enjoyable round of golf. We recommend Stuburt Winter golf boots.
Play well and shoot low.