Last Updated on
In this review of Mallet Putter v Blade Putter 2018, we will compare side by side two very popular Taylormade putters and give you all the information you’ll need to make an informed choice when purchasing a new putter.
We’ll also give you the TOP 10 SELLING PUTTERS IN 2018 this will help you choose from the hundreds of different styles and makes on the market today.
You can always tell how good a golf club is by the number of people buying them. Golfers are very keen savvy buyers and will talk to others and test products until they are 100% sure it’s a great club before buying new golf equipment.
So looking st the Top 10 selling putters 2018 will give you an idea of how good a putter really is.
Which makes will we look at?
We have compared all the top brands like:
These golf brands are the leaders in golf putters in 2018. Yes, we could have featured more expensive models like PXG GOLF but with one of their putters costing more than £2000 we though most people wouldn’t be interested in those.
So we have stuck to the TOP 10 SELLING GOLF PUTTERS 2018 all prices and makes have been covered.
Practice makes perfect as they say. Read our blog – How to practice golf in the backyard
What makes a good putter?
You might say it’s the player, not the putter that makes a good putter. This is very true but you also need the correct equipment to build stability and consistency into your game. Length of putter, weight and style of putter head and body will make a massive difference to your putting stroke. The feel of a putter is also very important and also liking the look of it should not be underestimated.
There’s nothing worse than standing over a putt and thinking in your head that your putter isn’t right for you or you never make any putts using this putter.
You need to stand over that 6 footer and think ‘ I never miss with this putter ‘ That will put you in the right frame of mind to sink that vital putt.
Mallet putters have the weight distributed further towards the toe end of the face than in a blade putter and therefore this style will favor you if you tend to miss the sweet spot towards the toe end of the face.
The clubface of a mallet putter is similar to a blade putter, mallet putters have large clubheads that come in various shapes – a half circle, square back, or even some more abstract designs. Taylormade have made this style of putter famous with their TAYLORMADE SPIDER PUTTER
Where the shaft enters the putter head will determine if the mallet putter will be either face balanced or toe weighted.
This style of a putter is a very simple, no-frills type of golf putter. This putter gets its name because it has a straight, blade-style club head with a thin flange. Most golfers will have owned one of these styles of putters at some point in their lives.
This type of putter is liked for its traditional good looks. Because the shaft enters the head at the heel, this also moves the sweet spot towards the heel.
Blade putters are heavily weighted in the toe, making them great for open-square-closed strokes and disastrous for straight-back, straight-through.
Mallet v Blade – Side by side comparison
TOP 10 SELLING PUTTERS ONLINE 2018
TaylorMade Men's N1542626 Spider Tour Putter (#3, Small Slant, Right Hand), Red, 34"
£242.00 in stock
- Lightweight 6061 aluminum core paired with heavy 304 stainless steel frame for high MOI to ensure that the face stays square to the path
- Pure roll insert for increased forward roll and distance control
- Vibration damping PU foam embedded between the body and frame for enhanced sound and feel
- Spider features a unique "square" shape for better alignment
- Movable weight technology to match the desired head weight
TaylorMade Golf Tour Preferred Silver Collection Balboa Super Stroke 35 IN Putter, Right Hand
- Milled 303 stainless steel heads with glare resistant Tour satin finish for premium look and feel
- Adjustable sole weights for optimal head weight
- Combination of sightlines, toe hangs and hostels for a wide Array of alignments to fit any stroke
- Aluminum firm feel pure roll insert for the best forward roll
- Classic milling to create consistent Radius and shape
Odyssey Men's Works V-LINE Versa Putter with SuperStroke Grip (Steel), 34-Inch, Right
- Fusion RX Insert - Here's the long story short: we've taken the most legendary insert of all-time - the most Tour wins, best feeling, best selling, all that good stuff
- High Contrast Alignment - Tour proven high contrast alignment highlights the proper face angle from address to impact for alignment throughout your putting stroke
- Comes with Blue/Silver SUPERSTROKE 3.0 Grip
- Roll meets feel when we couple the White Hot backer with an ultra thin stainless steel mesh with our patented Metal-X roll pattern
- Extreme Roll and Extreme Feel from an insert with no compromises
Cleveland Golf Men's Huntington Beach #4 Golf Putter, 35", Right Hand
- Precision Milled Face For Softer Feel And More Consistent Roll
- Made From Soft 304 Stainless Steel
- Tour-Proven Shapes
Callaway Men's Odyssey Golf Putters 2017 O-Works Versa #7 Mallet with Microhinge Face Insert and Superstroke Slim 2.0 Countercore Technology Grip (Right Hand Length, Steel Shaft), 35 Inch-Model #7 [Slim 2.0] , 35"
- New 2017 micro hinge insert technology provides incredible gains in topspin and roll at impact regardless of your stroke
- The stainless steel micro hinge plate is co-molded into our thermoplastic elastomer feel layer
- The revolutionary high contrast versa alignment technology allows your eyes to key in on the Linear designs to highlight the proper face angle from address to impact
- As the #1 putter across the major tours, we're constantly working with the best players in the world to develop and tweak shapes for ultimate performance
- Premium super stroke no-taper with counter core technology adjustable grip (weights sold separately from super stroke)
Titleist Newport 2 Mallet Putter, Unisex Adult, Unisex adult, 729RM33, grey, 33
- New model 2016
- Technology Multi-material Modern Aesthetic
- Soft feel but strong
Titleist Mallet Putters S/C New Golo 3 Uni
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 0084984577253|
|Item Dimensions||Height: 4200; Length: 400; Weight: 200; Width: 500|
|Model||GoLo 3 (2015)|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 400; Length: 4200; Width: 500|
|Product Type Name||GOLF_CLUB_PUTTER|
|Title||Titleist Mallet Putters S/C New Golo 3 Uni|
|UPC List||UPC List Element: 084984577253|
Odyssey #1 Blade Milled Collection Rsx Putter (Steel, Left Hand, 34")
- Sound chamber Technology - the precision milled sound chamber pocket is set behind our 17-4 stainless steel striking surface for great feedback and feel
- Metal-x insert w/stabilizing crossbar - the 17-4 stainless steel insert has been chemically etched with our patented oval pattern to provide a better roll off the face. The stabilizing crossbar helps stabilize sound and feel across the face as well
- Black powder coat shaft - reduces glare and provides a unique, contemporary look
- Genuine cabretta leather grip - a black genuine cabretta leather grip Master grip with a Red Baseball stitch down the back delivers a premium look with amazing feel
Cleveland Golf Men's TFI 8 Blade Putter, Right, 35"
- True feel innovation
- Perfect alignment
- Regardless of address position
TaylorMade Golf White Smoke Putter (IN-12, Left Hand, 35")
- 15", 130-gram grip counterbalances putter for increased stroke stability
- Counterbalanced putting method is 50-60% more stable than a traditional putter based on MOI
- Pure Roll Surlyn insert promotes soft-yet-solid feel with a smooth, consistent roll off the face
We hope you liked this review of Mallet Putter v Blade putter 2018. Please share our post if you think it will help another golfer.
We know that price is important to you, after all, that’s why you’re comparing golf products. But everyone has different needs and budgets, so we’ll help you to find the right golf product at the right price, whether that’s by letting you filter your search results, showing customer ratings and reviews or by simply finding your item at the cheapest price. We search all the major Golf Manufactures and retailers like: American Golf, eBay, Onlinegolf, Tailor-made, Callaway and many more and compare their prices to bring you the best deals. We are in simple terms a Golf price comparison site which saves you time and money.
Disclaimer: If we say words like THE LOWEST PRICED you have to consider many variables like sizes available and colours available etc. We don’t compete with one off sales or discounted items in your local golf shop as they cannot offer all sizes, colors and availability.