As a woman golfer, you might have felt that information regarding suitable golf clubs is very limited. You might find a lot of factors that you need to consider when buying a golf set are missing or mainly aimed at men.
No matter where you look or search you might not find a lot of information concerning what a woman needs from a new set of golf clubs, especially for a beginner.
For a beginner, this information is vital as most women who begin to play golf will probably be introduced to the game through a friend and don’t want to spend hundreds on fitted clubs. After all, you might not like the game.
If you go out into the marketplace without doing your research, the different varieties and types of clubs available might easily confuse and overwhelm you. To make things simpler, here are a few things you should look out for when going for the best women’s golf clubs for beginners:
- The golf clubs should be easy to handle and hence easy to hit. This means that when you get a golf club, you can aim easily using the club and you can hit the ball in the direction that you want. The club faces should also be big enough so there is less chance of missing the ball. Your ball striking as a beginner will not be in the middle of the club face so having a larger club head will increase your chances of hitting a good shot.
- Consistency is a key element that you cannot ignore when you are looking for beginner golf clubs for women. In the start, things will be difficult and you cannot get everything right in the first hit. A good club will allow more consistency and give you feedback so you can adjust and start to improve.
- For a beginner, a short staff is a must because it is easier to control. Most women start playing the game with the idea in mind that they can use the professional clubs but this does not work out. Start from the simplest thing so you can stay on top of your learning process. There is no point buying expensive blade type clubs just because they are expensive so you automatically think they will be better for you. This is not true, you are better advised to spend your money on lessons. Simply buy a cheap set of clubs that will get you through a season or two and then as you improve you can step up your clubs to something fitted and custom made for you.
- While this is a point that most experts don’t mention enough, you need to look at the price before you buy a golf club. Prices vary from brand to brand and if you are opting for the best product in the market, you might need to pay a high price for it. You can get some cheap products with good qualities if you search in the right manner. The best womens golf clubs for beginners are ones that don’t cost the earth, will get you started in the game and won’t break after the first round. That’s it, just buy a cheap set and start playing. There’s more to golf than just the equipment, it’s fun and the quicker you start playing the better. Don’t let money or expensive equipment put you off.
Suitable golf clubs for new women golfers – Reviews
This set of golf clubs is one of the most popular ones in the market because of the unique pack it brings to the players. You get an option from choosing in a driver, iron clubs, or the wood ones. It is a hybrid set which means that you get the best qualities of all the clubs together to form better ones. The design is quite easy and simple to allow for a flexible feel. As a beginner, you need to get familiar to the clubs in your hand before making any moves. The pros and cons of this set are:
– This set is available for lefties as well so you should not shy away from playing golf just because of your handedness.
– The price of this set is also adequate and while it may not be affordable for some, many golfers can invest in it without thinking twice.
– The overall set is a bit heavier than the other options you get in the market. This means that carrying it around on the field would not be easy. You might be advised to buy a cheap electric golf trolley click here for best prices.
– Pink may not be your color.
Overall Rating – 4.5 stars out of 5
Confidence Power II Ladies Golf Clubs Set + Bag
The Confidence Power 2 golf set is one of a kind. The company has always concentrated on bringing quality products to the market at the cheapest prices. No matter the demand of the products, their supply remain constantly high. They know that every once in a while there will be a customer who will want the best products in the market.
As a beginner, this 9 piece set will really help you to up your game. The focus of these clubs is on distance more than any other game factor. Once you can cover the distance intended by your throw, you automatically get the confidence to play the game properly.
Don’t be fooled by the cheap price these clubs will be fine for 1-2 years after which you’ll want to upgrade them for a more fitted or a custom set of clubs once you decide if you like the game or not.
– The clubs are light so that ladies can swing the clubs easily without having to add extra force.
– They are easy to carry around and in big fields, you will have no problems in taking them to your favorite spot.
– The club heads are big making them easy to hit and more forgiving on bad shots
– The shafts include an iron construction which is stiff so initially, when you begin to play, there will be some discomfort and needs getting used to.
Overall Rating – 4.7 stars out of 5
A great quality golf club set, the Palm Spring set is good for women who have already tested their game. It is also unique because it is the only golf clubs set which consists of all hybrid items.
We highly encourage beginners who want to practice their skill yet also retain their confidence to go for Hybrid Sets. The clubs have a lower center of gravity. This means you can swing the clubs easily without having to add too much force. Moreover, the aim of these clubs is very accurate and precise.
– The shafts include graphite construction which makes them flexible and allows for easy movement of the items.
– One of the easiest items to control is the distance along with the direction in which you throw.
– Not the best quality in the world, but probably the best quality for under £200
Overall Rating – 4.5 stars out of 5
We are definitely stepping things up with this set of golf clubs. Still not one of the top brands like Ping or Taylormade but better than Dunlop or the Palm Springs ones above.
This bag also comes with a cart bag giving you more room for drinks, snacks, and balls. You will, however, need an electric golf trolley to use this bag. They are much too heavy to carry for anyone. You can purchase an electric golf trolley for under £200 by clicking this link which will take you to our review of the best ones we found online.
This is a full set of women’s golf clubs that are perfectly suited to beginners. You have all the irons you’ll need which are made from 431 stainless steel and come in 6-SW. The over-sized head design and perimeter weighting, offer extreme forgiveness across the entire clubface for increased distance. You get a 460cc titanium driver featuring a high-MOI design for increased stability at impact and an expanded sweet spot for greater forgiveness on off-center hits – 13 deg loft. That’s the biggest head you can get on a driver making it easier to hit off the tee.
With a lovely putter and hybrid clubs you’ll have all the clubs you’ll need to get you going. All you’ll need are some golf balls and we have that covered here. Click for the lowest priced women’s golf balls.
– Better quality brand and sold for many years.
– Good reviews on Amazon
– Complete set with all the clubs you’ll need
– Price includes a full cart bag on its own valued at over £100
– Too heavy to carry, you’ll need a trolley
– Not a well know brand
Overall Rating – 4.8 stars out of 5
You can buy the best women’s golf clubs for beginners when you have researched and know what you want. In the sea of options that are available for you online, you can get confused and distracted. You need to consider 3 things in our opinion. Firstly, are they suitable for beginners ie: Large club heads and shorter shafts. Secondly, price, are they affordable for you to throw away or giveaway if you decide you don’t like golf. Finally, do you like the look of them? This is a factor often overlooked. If you don’t like the look of a golf club you will not play well, FACT!
If you cannot find the right answer to the questions, then it is better to do more research. This is not a decision you should jump into lightly unless you are happy to risk a couple of hundred pounds. Keep in mind the points mentioned in the article and your decision to buy will be much easier.
Good luck and jump in, you’ll love golf. If you’re still unsure then read our article called ‘ is golf for you and me‘ you’ll find in this article we answer a lot of the questions you will have been asking yourself.
We also think it’s important to fit in when you join a club and golf is full of rules and etiquette lessons you must learn. Don’t let them put you off but you must follow the rules of golf and all the etiquette that comes with it. Read our guide called The Beginners Guide To Golf Etiquette.